View Asset Details
You use the Asset Details dialog box to compare the attribute values of an asset as stored in the authorized side versus the deployed side.
Asset Details is available in multiple applications.
- The Asset Specification table window displays the expected attributes and their values associated with the asset.
- The Reconciliation Differences table window displays the attributes whose actual values are different from the expected values. This table window shows variances between the asset's authorized attribute values and the asset's deployed values. The table includes a Reconciliation Message field that indicates the reason the attribute comparison failed (for example, the attribute values did not match, or more than one component was found).
The Asset Details dialog box contains the Asset Specification table window that displays the expected attributes and their values associated with the asset.
Discrepancies that are discovered can be caused by such factors as reconfigured assets, retired assets, theft, incorrect data entry, or unauthorized use of hardware or software.
To view asset details:
- Depending on the application you are in, select the Asset Details action. Go to the Asset field on a record and click the Detail Menu icon and select View Asset Details. The Asset Details dialog box opens.
- To retrieve details of deployed assets, click the Deployed
Asset Details button. Based on the current asset, one of the following
- If the asset is a computer, the Computers Application launches.
- If the asset is a network printer, the Network Printers Application launches.
- If the asset is a network device, the Network Devices Application launches.
- When finished viewing, click OK to return to the record.