Configuration management overview
Configuration management, working with other processes, enables you to see a logical model of the configuration items in your environment, control changes to these items, and automate processes to make controlling your infrastructure more efficient.
- Correlate services with the IT infrastructure elements needed to deliver those services
- Manage changes effectively
- Resolve incidents and problems quickly
- Optimize costs associated with maintaining configuration items
- Use varying levels of detail as required to meet business goals
- Comply with corporate or external governance requirements
Maximo IT defines configuration management processes that help you to manage your environment in an orderly and accountable way. These processes provide steps for updating configuration items and for performing configuration audits.