Manually specifying additional impacts
You can perform this operation to manually assign impacts to a task. For example, you might want to manually assign an impact about which you have special knowledge, and which the impact analysis engine did not identify. Typically, you perform this operation only occasionally.
About this task
To select impacts based on special knowledge, perform the following steps:
- With the Change open in the Changes application, open the Impacts tab and navigate to the Manage Impacts tab. The Implementation Tasks, Targets for Tasks, and Impacts for Tasks tables display task, target, and impact information for the change.
- Do the following to specify the task and target for an impact:
- Select a task in the Implementation Tasks table. Current impacts for the task are displayed in the Impacts for Task section. The selected impact will be associated with this task.
- Select a target in the Targets for Task section. The selected impact will be associated with the target.
- Click Select Impacts in the Impacts for Tasks section, and select a CI or asset to add to the list of impacts. The new CI or asset is added to the list in the Impacts for Task section.