Introduction to Best practices content for Service Desk
Best practices content for Service Desk includes a number of artifacts that build on those provided by the product. These artifacts provide a Service Desk offering with more extensive pre-defined capabilities. The best practices content is based on a standard installation of production and test environments.
- Security groups that define access to ticket applications
corresponding to the user roles defined by the IBM® Tivoli® Unified
Security groups let administrative users manage user authorizations and access rights to sites, applications, storerooms, labor, General Ledger (GL) components, and other aspects of the organization.
- Start Centers that provide links to actions, applications, and graphs relevant to the responsibilities of each role.
- Queries that enable quick access to relevant information based on the roles defined for ticket management.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that enable an organization to monitor and measure progress toward organizational goals.
- Communication templates for commonly used email messages.
- Escalations that define the conditions for automatically sending an email with a specific communication template.