Modifying the criteria
The criteria that you use to perform historical impact analyses restrict the engine to a specified number of implementation tasks, and to a time period during which to search for tasks. This product ships with default values for each of these criteria, which are defined as system properties. You can modify these criteria to meet the requirements of your historical analyses.
About this task
- Click to open the System Properties application.
- Click Filter, type pmchg in the Property Name field, and press the Enter key to display a list
of system properties that are defined for Change Management.
The following three properties establish search criteria for historical impact analysis:
- Specifies the maximum number of tasks to examine for historical impact analysis results. The value provided for this property in the shipped product is 5, meaning that the engine will find up to five implementation tasks that contained the target CI or asset for which you want impact data.
- Specifies the number of days to go back from the current date to search for the implementation tasks. The value provided for this property in the shipped product is 365, meaning that the engine will go back one year as it searches for implementation tasks that contained the target CI or asset. Tasks that were performed more than 365 days ago are not examined.
- Specifies the maximum number of targets that the Change historical impact analysis will process.
- To view details about one of these properties, click the property name to display information about the property.
- To modify one of the properties, click to display details, and enter any new values that you want to apply. Click to access complete instructions for modifying a system property.
- Click Save icon to save your modifications.
- Click Live Refresh icon to refresh the system properties.