Associating tag out procedures with assets
You use the Assets application to associate tag out procedures with assets. A tag out procedure is a detailed description of how to take work assets out of service or how to place them back into service, to ensure a safe working environment.
Before you can associate a tag out procedure with an asset, the tag out procedures must be associated with a hazard using the Safety Hazards application.
Before you begin
- From the Assets application, display the asset record with which you want to associate a tag out procedure.
- On the Safety tab, click the Lock Out/Tag Out sub tab.
- Under the Hazards table window, click New Row.
- In the Hazard field, specify a value.
- In the Hazards table window, select the hazard for which you want to add a tag out procedure.
- Under the Tag Out Procedures table window, click New Row.
- In the Tag Out field, specify a value.
- Click Save Asset. The lock out steps for the selected tag out display in the Lock Out Operations table window in read-only format. Use the Lock Out/Tag Out application to create the specific lock out steps that display in this table.