Using the Add CIs to Change Window in the CI application
You can associate multiple CIs to a Change Window Calendar by performing the Add CIs to Change Window action in the Configuration Items application. When you associate a Change Window Calendar with a multiple CIs, those CIs are available for implementation tasks that are scheduled during the Calendar time periods.
About this task
To associate a Change Window Calendar with multiple CIs in the Configuration Items application, perform the following steps:
- Open the Configuration Items application ().
- Place the cursor in the Configuration Item Name field, and click Enter to display a list of CI records.
- To limit the CIs that are displayed in the list, use any of the search, filter, or saved query capabilities to display a list of CIs from which to associate CIs with the Calendar.
- Do one of the following:
- If you want to specify one or more of the CIs in the list, check Select Records, and select the CIs with which you want to associate a Change Window Calendar.
- If you want to specify all of the CIs in the list, leave Select Records unchecked.
- Select the Add CIs to Change Windows action. If you left Select Records unchecked, a system message asks you to confirm that you want to apply the action to all of the CIs in the list; click OK to proceed.
- In the Add CIs to Change Window panel, select the name of the Change Window Calendar that you want to associate with the CIs that you have selected. You are returned to the Configuration Items view.