Controlling document export
Document export restrictions control the export of documents from a wrapped app to other apps on the device.
About this task
You can share documents by file format (for example, .doc or .pdf) and only share with a selected set of apps. You must specify either the document type or the document destination (or both) in a allow list that is configured in a Persona policy. If none of the policies have the app or document allow list configured, the user can export any document from the wrapped app to any other app outside the secure wrapping.
If the app tries to export a document, and the document type or destination app conforms to the settings in the designated Persona policy, the export is successful. Otherwise, the user is notified by the app that the export is not allowed.
|Allowed||Matching app only||Matching file only|
|App only||Exports all document types to matched apps.||Not applicable|
|File type only||Not applicable||Exports the matching document to all apps.|
|Both||Exports all document types to matched apps.||Exports the matching document to all apps.|
|None||Exports all document types to all apps.||Exports all document types to all apps.|
None of the restrictions apply when a file is transferred to the MaaS360® app.
- Create a WorkPlace policy for the devices or the users
that need export management. You can also modify an existing policy.
- Go to the Security section of the policy.
- In the policy, open Configure Data Protection Policies.
- Enable Restrict File Export.
- Click the Add button (+) to add the following items to the Allowed iOS App Name list.
- Enter the file type extensions for the Allowed File Types separated by commas.
- Configure the rest of the policy as needed.
- Ensure that the designated devices are assigned to the policy.