Tracking the status of apps added from an Apple VPP Token upload
Uploading the Apple VPP token to MaaS360 automatically adds apps that are associated with that token to the App Catalog. These apps are added with the policies that are configured during the VPP Token upload. Administrators can view the Token Details page to track the status of the apps that are automatically added to the App Catalog from the VPP Token upload.
About this task
Follow these steps to track the status of the apps that are automatically added to the App Catalog from the Apple VPP Token upload:
- In the MaaS360® Portal, go to the App Catalog.
- From the More menu, click Apple VPP
Licenses. The Apple Volume Purchase Program (VPP) page is displayed and lists all the uploaded VPP tokens.
- Click the View option that is located below a token
name. The Token Details page is displayed for the selected token.
- Review the following details:
Column Description iTunes App ID The unique ID for the app obtained from the iTunes App Store. App Icon The app icon. App Name The app name. Total License The total number of licenses used by an app. Available License The total number of licenses that are unused and available for an app. Added Time The date and time that the app was successfully added to the App Catalog. Auto App Addition Status The status for the automatic addition of apps to the App Catalog.
The following statuses are displayed:
- Success: This status indicates that the automatic addition of the app to the App Catalog was successfully completed or the app already exists in the App Catalog.
- Failed: This status indicates that the automatic addition of the app to the App Catalog failed.
Comments Provides additional information about the Auto App Addition Status.
The following comments are displayed for the various Auto App Addition Statuses:
- Success: App Added Successfully or App Already Exists
- Failed: App Not Found