Bulk updating policies in MaaS360
Information about bulk updating multiple policies at once.
When you update policy settings, you can select multiple policies and apply the same settings to the selected policies at once. For example, if you change passcode settings in policy A, and then select policy B, policy C, and policy D for bulk update, MaaS360 updates the selected policies with the same passcode settings.
Note: In this document, the term source policy is used for the policy that you edit and the term target policies is used for additional policies that you select for bulk update.
- The status of the source policy must be Published or Needs publish. All existing policies qualify as target policies irrespective of their status.
- You must be careful about selecting the right policies for bulk update. You cannot cancel or undo the bulk update operation after you publish the source policy.
Using bulk update in MaaS360
Follow these steps to bulk update policies in MaaS360:
- From the MaaS360 Portal Home page, navigate to .
- Open a MDM policy and then click Edit.
- After editing policy settings in the Configure Settings tab, click the Review changes tab.
- Click Apply changes to more policies.
The slide-out panel Apply changes to more policies is displayed.
- (Optional) Use search and filter options to narrow down the policies that are displayed for bulk
- Select target policies that you want to update.
- (Optional) Click the Preview Changes option that is displayed against the
policy to view the changes between the previous and the current version of that policy.
- (Optional) Select Publish additional policies along with current policy.
- If this option is selected, MaaS360 automatically publishes target policies on publishing the
source policy.Note: You must use this setting with caution. If the policy is assigned to multiple groups, the new policy settings are automatically applied to all the devices in those groups. Before selecting this option, ensure that you review the policy assignments and understand the impact of new policy settings on devices. For example, if passcode settings are updated, impacted devices will start showing the new passcode prompt.
- If this option is not selected, you need to separately publish each target policy.
- If this option is selected, MaaS360 automatically publishes target policies on publishing the source policy.
- Click Confirm.
The Publish policy window is displayed.
- Review the number of impacted devices and users, and then click
What to do next
Tracking bulk update history
You can track the history of all the bulk update events in the Bulk Edit History page.
Follow these steps to track bulk update history in the MaaS360 portal:
- From the MaaS360 Portal Home page, navigate to . The policies list page is displayed.
- Click More in the top-right corner and then select Bulk Update History. The Bulk Edit History page is displayed.
- Review the history of all the bulk update events.MaaS360 displays the following details in Bulk Update History:
Column Description Status The overall status of the bulk update action. Type The type of policy. Source Policy The policy that is used as a base for the bulk update. Policies updated The list of target policies that are selected for the bulk update action. You can use the link in the Policies Updated column to view the status of each target policy. Administrator The administrator who performed the bulk update operation. Request Time Timestamp the bulk update action was triggered. Completion Time Timestamp the bulk update operation completed.