Managing multiple versions of apps in the App Catalog
MaaS360® supports multiple app versions for Enterprise apps. Administrators can add multiple versions of the same application or package to test new applications and versions before those versions are deployed to users.
- The principal version of the actual application that is in use by targeted users is the Primary app version.
- All other versions are Secondary app versions for the same application.
- Secondary versions of apps are distributed to specific Beta user groups for testing.
- Beta users test and validate the application.
- After the Secondary app version successfully passes Beta testing, administrators can mark the Secondary app version as the Primary app version.
- All active device distributions that use the Primary app version are updated with the latest version of the Primary app.
Supported OS platforms
Managing multiple versions of apps in the App Catalog is supported for Android, iOS, Windows (Phone and Desktop OS), and macOS.