Samsung Knox Mobile Enrollment (KME) program
Samsung Knox Mobile Enrollment (KME) is a quick and automated way to enroll a large number of corporate-owned Samsung devices into MaaS360.
MaaS360 allows you to enroll a large number of company-owned Samsung devices using Samsung KME. The devices are automatically enrolled when the users power on their devices for the first time and connect to the internet.
The Knox Mobile Enrollment program offers the following benefits:
- Thousands of Samsung devices are automatically enrolled in bulk without having to manually enroll each device.
- The pre-defined configuration such as username and password are passed to the devices so that the devices are automatically enrolled into MaaS360 after powering on the devices.
- The management is enforced on the device. When the KME-enrolled devices are reset, the MaaS360 app is automatically installed and devices are enrolled.
To use the KME program, you must meet the requirements in the following checklist:
- The device identifiers (IMEI or serial numbers) are transmitted to the Samsung Knox portal after the devices are procured from authorized reseller partner.
- Samsung Knox 2.4 and above for device admin enrollment and Samsung Knox 2.8 for Device Owner enrollment.
- A Samsung account is created.
MaaS360 supports two types of KME enrollments:
- Device Admin
- Device Owner (Android Enterprise)