Total Roaming (Mobile Data Usage Overview reports)
The Total Roaming (Mobile Data Usage Overview) dashboard reports the cumulative total roaming mobile data usage (in GB) on all devices in the MaaS360 customer account for a specific billing period. If more than one data plan exists, then the report shows total roaming data usage overview for all the data plans that exists in the customer account.
About this task
Use the Total Roaming dashboard to review the total amount of roaming mobile data that is used (in GB) from the roaming network usage limit that is defined in the expense plan for all mobile devices that are enrolled in the customer account. The report provides the cumulative data of total roaming data usage for a specific billing period.
From the MaaS360 Portal Home page, click .
The Mobile Data Usage Overview dashboard is displayed.
Choose the type of chart that is used to view the Total Roaming dashboard. The available chart
types are Bar chart, Pie chart, Line chart, or Area chart.
For the Bar chart, Line chart, and Area chart, the x-axis represents the billing month that the total roaming data report was generated. The y-axis represents the allowed total roaming data usage limit (in GB). For the Pie chart, percentage values are displayed instead of the x-axis and the y-axis..
- Click the table icon to view chart and the table data for the report.
- Click Customize Columns to select the columns that are displayed in the table data. If you have not customized the columns, the table data displays the default columns.
In the table data, apply the needed filters on the columns to sort the Total Roaming dashboard.
Use filters based on data usage for a specific time period in the month, in-network usage,
in-network usage limit, roaming usage, and roaming usage limit.
The table data displays mobile in-network data usage, available data usage limit, roaming data usage, roaming data limit, total data usage, and the data usage period for mobile devices based on the filters that are applied. The relevant chart data is displayed depending on the table data results.
Click Export in either the chart data or the table data based on the
type of dashboard that you want to export.
The chart data exports the displayed graph as a .png file and the table data exports the displayed column results as a .csv file.Viewing an example of the Total Roaming dashboard as a Bar chart for one mobile data plan
The following data is displayed on the Total Roaming dashboard:
- The graph illustrates that the total amount of roaming mobile data usage for the February 2021 billing period was 0 GB.
- The total roaming mobile data usage limit that was defined in the expense plan for the February 2021 billing period was 6.84 GB.
- The BSNL plan was the active mobile data network that was used by the device that is enrolled in the MaaS360 account.
- 7000 MB is the in-network data usage limit that was defined in the expense plan and the allowed value of mobile data to use on the device.
- From the 7000 MB data usage limit, 12.32 MB of mobile data was used on the device during the billing period for the month of February 2021.
- A decrease of -87.68% is displayed in the in-network mobile data usage compared to the in-network data usage from the previous billing period.
- No roaming mobile data usage limit was defined in the expense plan. However, 7000 MB of mobile data was used on a roaming network.
- The percentage change in the roaming data usage was left blank since the roaming usage details from the previous billing period are not available.
- The total usage illustrates that a total of 12.32 MB of in-network data was used on the device for the specific billing period.