Devices by Operating System Version (Hardware Inventory reports)
The Devices by Operating System Version dashboard reports the device operating system (OS) version based on the device platform and also reports the device count for each OS version. This report displays devices by OS version for all devices that are enrolled in the MaaS360 customer account.
About this task
Use the Devices by Operating System dashboard to review the device OS version by platform for all devices in the customer account.
From the MaaS360 Portal Home page, click
The Hardware Inventory dashboard is displayed.
Choose the type of chart that is used to view the Devices by Operating System Version
dashboard. The available chart types are Bar chart, Pie chart, Line chart, or Area chart.
For the Bar chart, Line chart, and Area chart, the x-axis represents the device platform such as Android or iOS. The represents the device count. If you select the Pie chart, percentage values are displayed instead of the x-axis and y-axis.
- Click the Table icon () to view chart and table data for the report.
- Click Customize Columns to select the columns that are displayed in the table data. If customization is not applied to columns, the table data displays the default columns.
In the table data, apply the needed filters on the columns to sort the Devices by Operating
System Version dashboard. Use filters based on the platform, model, and operating system
The table data displays the OS version of mobile devices based on filters that are applied. The relevant chart data is displayed depending on the table data results.
Click Export in either the chart data or the table data based on the
type of dashboard that you want to export.
The chart data exports the displayed graph as a .png file and the table data exports the displayed column results as a .csv file.Viewing an example of the Devices by Operating System Version dashboard as a Bar chart
In the Devices by Operating System Version dashboard, hover over the graph to display the following reporting details:
Note: When the OS version of a device is not reported to MaaS360, the reporting data for these devices is marked as Not Available.
- A total of 914 devices are enrolled in the MaaS360® customer account.
- Devices that are enrolled are running the Android and iOS operating systems.
- For the iOS device platform, a total of 521 iOS devices are running iOS 12.0.1, 10 devices are running iOS 4.0.2, and 1 iOS device is running iOS 13.5.1.
- The report displays the number of Android devices that are running different versions of the Android operating system.