MaaS360 allows you to remotely manage the layout of apps on supervised devices.
The Home screen configuration templates lock down the Home screen for supervised devices with a layout that meets the organization's requirements. When the configuration is pushed down to devices, a common Home screen layout is used across supervised devices. MaaS360 prevents device users from rearranging and uninstalling apps on the Home screen. After the configuration is created, you can access the template at .
- This feature is supported on iOS supervised devices running OS version 9.3+ only.
- Apps that are added to the Home screen layout are not installed on devices. This feature only rearranges the layout of the existing apps on the device.
- Arrange app icons in a certain order on the Home screen.
- Create folders on the Home screen and drag and drop apps into those folders.
- Add apps to the dock pane.
- Arrange the layout of apps in the folders.
- Add or remove additional pages on the Home screen.
- Add web apps from the App Catalog. This feature is supported on iOS supervised devices running OS version 12.0+ only.
Configuring app layout
- From the MaaS360 Portal Home page, go to . The iOS Home Screen Configuration Templates page is displayed.
- Click Add Template. A new template screen with the default iPad Home screen layout is displayed.
- Provide a template name.
- Click the Add link in the bottom-right corner to create a new page.
- Click the plus (+) icon in the bottom-right corner to add apps, web apps, or folders.
- Drag and drop apps to add those apps to the dock pane.
- Save the configuration and then add the configuration to the policy.
|Lock screen wallpaper
|The wallpaper that is displayed on the screen of a locked device.
|Home screen wallpaper
|The wallpaper that is displayed in the background for an unlocked device.
Note: Use JPG, JPEG, or PNG files with a file size set at 1024 x 768 for iPad and 1920 x 1080 for iPhones.