Testing app wrap results
Follow these steps to configure policies in the MaaS360® Portal and test your wrapped app.
- Use the MaaS360
Administrator Portal to
enroll a user and install the MaaS360 app
on the device.
- Create a test user by selecting Users link directly on the MaaS360 PortalHome page, and then click Add User., or click the
- Enroll the test user on a test iOS device by sending
an enrollment request. For instructions on sending an enrollment request, see the procedure on Enrolling your iOS device (MDM).
- After the test iOS device is enrolled, install the MaaS360 app from the app store as a part of enrollment.
- Create and configure a test policy for the user and the
- From Add Policy. , click
- Enter a policy name and select the WorkPlace Persona policy type, and then click Continue.
- Click to save and publish the policy.
- From , select under your test device name.
- Select the test policy, and then click Submit.
- Upload, and then deploy the test app on the device.
For more information, see the procedure on Adding an enterprise app for iOS.
Make sure that you enable the following settings when you upload the iOS enterprise app:
- From Policies & Distribution, enable Apply WorkPlace Encryption.
- Provide an enterprise code signing certificate and password.
- Install the wrapped app using the App Catalog on
the test device. For more information, see the procedure on Installing an app.
- Choose the following features to confirm that these features
are not restricted:
- Passcode and Idle timeout
- File export
- Copy and Paste
- In the MaaS360
configure the test policy to restrict some of the features. For specific instructions on policy configuration, see the following topics:
- On the test device, test the configuration features that you chose in Step 5.