Configuring license settings as partner managing as a customer
Maas360 business partners can manage their customer accounts to configure overage, default licenses for bulk enrollments, self-enrollments, or self-activations, license-related alerts for the customer accounts using the license settings in the MaaS360 Portal.
Follow these steps to configure license settings:
- Log in to the MaaS360® Portal as a business partner managing as a customer administrator.
- From the MaaS360 Portal Home page, select .
- Review and configure the following sections in the Basic settings as
Overage allow partners and customers in their hierarchy to consume over and above the purchased license quantity.
The following Overage settings are displayed only if overage is enabled for the customer account at the parent partner level.
By default, the Enable overage management check box is selected and overage is enabled for all license parts that are purchased by a paid customer account. Partner managing as a customer can configure overage at a granular level by selecting the checkboxes next to the individual license suites to allow overage of licenses. Customer can also exceed the purchased license quantity for the selected license suites.
You can disable the Enable overage management option to disable overage for this customer account. The list of base licenses and the add-on licenses that are purchased by the customer are hidden and are not available for configuration. The customer cannot exceed the purchased license quantity.
- If overage is disabled for a customer account at the parent partner level, the following message
is displayed. The customer cannot exceed the purchased license quantity.
- The Overage setting for the existing devices will remain unaffected by the changes made to this section.
- In addition to configuring overage, the partner managing as a customer can also configure default licenses for bulk enrollment, self-enrollment, or self-activation methods, and alert settings for the customer account. For more information, see relevant sections in Configuring license settings as a customer.
- Click Save to apply the settings for the customer account.