Adding a public app for iOS
Information about adding an iOS public app to the App Catalog.
- From the MaaS360® Portal Home page, select .
Click Add, expand the iOS section, and then select iTunes App
The iTunes App Store App window is displayed.
Provide the following details in the App Details
Option Description App The name of the app. When you start typing, MaaS360 automatically populates the entry with the corresponding public apps from the iTunes App Store. Category The category of the app defined by the app developer. Change Region View apps from another region.
Select the Policies and Distribution tab and
provide the following details:
Option Description Remove app on The app is automatically removed in the following scenarios:
- MDM Control Removal: When MDM control of a device is terminated by the administrator or a user.
- Selective Wipe: When a selective wipe is issued to the device.
- Deletion from portal or stopping Distribution: When the app is deleted from MaaS360 Portal or distribution to a specific distribution list is stopped.
Revoke VPP Licenses on The VPP licenses are revoked when distribution is stopped on a device. Security Policies The following policies are enforced on the app:
- Restrict Data Backup to iTunes: Prevents a backup of data from the app to iTunes.
- Feature As Corporate Container: The app is displayed on the device in the WorkPlace App section of the Featured tab in the App Catalog.
Update Automatically If this setting is on, all apps receive app updates as soon as they are available, but the updates are auto-installed on supervised devices only. Users are prompted to install updates manually on non-supervised devices.Note: MaaS360 fetches the latest app updates for iTunes apps through a batch job that is executed once every 7 days and pushes the app updates as soon as they are available. Users must expect a delay in receiving the app updates after the update is available in the App Store. Users can perform app refresh through app summary > Refresh App Details to receive important updates in 3-4 hours. Distribute to The devices that receive the app. Use the plus icon to add multiple distributions. MaaS360 allows you to distribute an app to devices in the following ways:
MaaS360 supports the following distribution options:
- None: The app is loaded in the App Catalog, but the app is not distributed to devices immediately.
- Specific Device: The app is loaded in the App Catalog and deployed to a specific device.
- Group: The app is deployed to a group of devices.
- All Devices: All devices receive the app.
- Instant Install: The app is silently installed on selected devices. This option supports free and paid apps that use the Volume Purchase Program (VPP).
- Send Email: MaaS360 sends the recipient an email about the new app.
- Send Notification: MaaS360 sends a notification to the device when a new app is available.
Select the Configuration tab and provide the following details:
Option Description App Config Source The source of the custom configuration attributes that are supplied to apps.
- Config XML File: The custom app configuration attributes are passed through an XML file.
- Key/Value: Enter the configuration attributes that are provided by the app developer. For these values, you can use variables such as fixed string, username (%username%), domain (%domain%), email (%email%), deviceId (%csn%), or any other custom user attributes.
Select the Advanced tab and provide the following details:
Option Description App Discovery Portal Enter the custom app attribute values that are supplied for the app and specify whether to display the app in the App Discovery Portal. For more information about custom app attribute values, see Adding an app to the App Catalog. End users can use the App Discovery Portal to request apps that are distributed to other users in the organization.
- Not Available: The app is not visible in the App Discovery Portal.
- Viewing Only: The app is visible in the App Discovery Portal.
- Viewing & Request: The app is visible in the App Discovery Portal for requests.
The iOS iTunes App Store app is successfully added to the App Catalog.