Adding a public app for Android Enterprise
Public apps are free apps that are generally available in the Google Play Store. You can browse and add any public app using the Managed Google Play iFrame and distribute to Android Enterprise devices. This feature is supported on all Android Enterprise deployment scenarios: Device Owner (DO), Profile Owner (PO), and Corporate-Owned Single-Use (COSU).
- From the MaaS360® Portal Home page, select .
Click Add, expand the Android section, and then select Google
The Add Google Play App window is displayed and Managed Google Play iframe is loaded.
- Use the search field to browse public apps and then select the app that you want to add.
- Click Select.
Select the Policies and Distribution tab and
provide the following details:
Option Description Remove App on The app is automatically removed in the following scenarios:
- MDM Control Removal: When MDM control of a device is terminated by the administrator or a user.
- Selective Wipe: When a selective wipe is issued to the device.
- Deletion from portal or stopping Distribution: When the app is deleted from MaaS360 Portal or distribution to a specific distribution list is stopped.
- Sign out from Shared Device: When a user signs out of a shared device. When the user signs back into the device, the app is restored on the device.
Install Settings Instant Install: The app is automatically downloaded and installed on Android Enterprise devices. Security Policies The following policies are enforced on the app:
- Enforce Authentication: Requires authentication to access the app. Based on authentication type, users are prompted to provide a corporate or local MDM password.
- Enforce Compliance: The app cannot be accessed if
the device is out of compliance. The Usage data access permission must be
enabled on the device for the MaaS360 app to restrict access to the app when the device is in
out-of-compliance (OOC). To do this, navigate to Note: Samsung, LG (upto Android 9.0), Honeywell, Zebra, Kyocera (upto Android 8.0), Bluebird, and M3 SM10 devices that are enrolled in Device Admin mode do not require the Usage data access access.
- Feature As Corporate Container: The app is displayed on the device in the WorkPlace App section of the Featured tab in the end-user App Catalog.
Distribute to The devices that receive the app. Use the plus icon to add multiple distributions. MaaS360 allows you to distribute an app to devices in the following ways:
MaaS360 supports the following distribution options:
- None: The app is loaded in the App Catalog, but the app is not distributed to devices immediately.
- Specific Device: The app is loaded in the App Catalog and deployed to a specific device.
- Group: The app is deployed to a group of devices.
- All Devices: All devices receive the app.
- Send Email: MaaS360 sends an email notification to users that a new app is available in the end- user App Catalog.
- Track to distribute: The pre-release version (production, alpha, or beta) of the app that you want to distribute.
Select the Advanced tab and provide the following details:
Option Description App Discovery Portal Enter the custom app attribute values that are supplied for the app and specify whether to display the app in the App Discovery Portal. For more information about custom app attribute values, see Adding an app to the App Catalog. End users can use the App Discovery Portal to request apps that are distributed to other users in the organization.
- Not Available: The app is not visible in the App Discovery Portal.
- Viewing Only: The app is visible in the App Discovery Portal.
- Viewing & Request: The app is visible in the App Discovery Portal for requests.
The Google Play app is successfully added to the App Catalog.