Enrolling non-DEP iOS 11+ devices without using authentication
The Without Authentication enrollment method for the Apple Configurator workflow does not require user authentication to enroll a device in the MaaS360® Portal.
- From the MaaS360 Portal Home page, select .
Select Apple Configurator, and then click the MDM Server
Note: You can also access the Apple Configurator from .
Select Non-DEP only Enrollment URL to receive an MDM server URL to
enroll non-DEP iOS devices in the MaaS360
Portal. Note: The
enrollment URL expires after 30 days. Administrators can contact IBM Support to change the
expiration period to 7 days, 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, 180 days, or 365 days.
Choose the Without Authentication enrollment method. Copy the MDM Server
URL that you received in step 3, and then click Close.
User authentication is not required to enroll a device in the MaaS360 Portal.
- Connect the iOS device to a Mac, and then open Apple Configurator 2.5+ on the device.
Select All Devices, click Prepare, and then
select the Manual Configuration method.
- Do not check the Add to Device Enrollment Program option.
- Choose whether to set the device as supervised or unsupervised. If you set the device as supervised, select the Allow devices to pair with other computers option to pair the device with other Mac devices, and then click Next.
- Select the Supervise devices option to allow an administrator to supervise the device.
- Choose MDM Server from the list to add an MDM server, and then click Next. To define a new server, follow the steps that are listed in the Adding a server for non-DEP iOS 11+ device enrollment topic.
In the Define an MDM Server window, select *.m.dm
from the Add trust anchor certificates for the MDM server list, and then
In the Assign to Organization window, choose the organization that will
supervise the device, and then click Next. To add an organization to the
list, follow the steps that are listed in the Adding an organization for non-DEP iOS 11+ device enrollment
In the Configure iOS Setup Assistant window, choose setup options as
needed, and then click Next. The setup options that are selected are
displayed on the device for the user to configure.
If a device was configured previously, a warning message is displayed. Click
Erase to continue setting up the device or click Stop
to discontinue setting up the device.
After a device is configured with new settings, the following screens are displayed on the
For the Choose a Wi-Fi Network screen, select a network from the list.
For the Remote Management screen, choose the Skip
configuration option. Device enrollment is complete when the Welcome to iPad screen is displayed.
- For the Choose a Wi-Fi Network screen, select a network from the list.