Resetting your network back to DHCP
DHCP is the default network interface for Power LC systems and is enabled by default. If you followed the steps to enable a static IP interface and want to change to use DHCP, you must reset your network back to DHCP.
About this task
To reset your network back to DHCP, follow these steps:
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the embedded Ethernet port next to the serial port on the back of your system. Connect the other end to your DHCP network.
- Open the Petitboot bootloader menu by powering your system off and then back on again. This process takes about 1 - 2 minutes to complete. Do not walk away from your system! When Petitboot loads, your monitor will become active and you will need to push any key in order to interrupt the boot process.
- At the Petitboot bootloader main menu, select Exit to Shell.
- Run ipmitool lan print 1. Verify that you are running in static mode.
- Change the mode to DHC by running the following command: ipmitool lan set 1 ipsrc DHCP.
Reset your firmware by runnning the following command:
ipmitool mc reset cold.
- After waiting 2 - 3 minutes, run ipmitool lan print 1 again. Verify that you are running in DHCP mode and record the IP address that your network assigned to the BMC.