IBM Linux on Power tools repository
The IBM® Linux® on Power® tools repository allows administrators to use the standard Linux package management tools to deploy and maintain IBM tools on Linux on Power systems.
Installing tools on your IBM Linux on Power system can be problematic. Many tools have prerequisites that must be completed before installation. Tools must be installed in the correct order. The tools repository enables the use of your standard Linux package management tools, yum for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and zypper for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, to automatically install the packages you need in the order that is required by the system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15
For information about installing tools for Ubuntu, see Install service and productivity tools for Ubuntu.
The tools repository provides access to the following tools:
- IBM Linux on Power service and productivity tools
- Service and productivity tools include hardware inventory tools, hardware and service diagnostic
aids, performance tools, Power RAID utilities, and
installation aids for Linux on Power
The service and productivity tools packages included in the repository vary according to distribution and hardware platform.
- IBM Software Development Toolkit for Linux on Power
- The IBM SDK for Linux on Power provides you with an all-in-one solution for developing software on Linux on Power servers. It also provides integration of open source and IBM tools into a single graphical user interface.
- IBM Advance Toolchain for Linux on Power
- The IBM Advance Toolchain for Linux on Power provides early and easy access to libraries and the latest compiler technologies for Linux distributions.