Tutorial: Reporting subcapacity usage per computer group
Available from 9.2.2.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to create computer groups that allow for managing software and generating audit snapshots for a subset of computers. You can use such groups to report PVU consumption for IBM software installed in multiple IBM subcapacity regions or to manage software per organizational business unit.
- Divide the computers in your infrastructure into BigFix computer groups.
- Define the scope of audit snapshots by creating computer groups in License Metric Tool.
- Import part numbers and manage software per computer group.
- Generate audit snapshots per computer group.
Time requiredThis module should take 45 minutes to complete. If you explore other concepts related to this tutorial, it can take longer to complete.
- Customers who have IBM software installed in multiple IBM subcapacity regions.
- Customers who want to manage software per organizational business unit.