Installing DB2 for License Metric Tool on Linux (BigFix scenario)
License Metric Tool that is installed on Linux requires DB2 database. You can install the database on the same computer as the License Metric Tool server or on a separate Linux computer. You can also reuse the instance of DB2 that you installed for the BigFix® platform. DB2 installation package is delivered together with License Metric Tool.
Before you begin
- To install DB2 for License Metric Tool, download the following installation packages:
- If you decide to install DB2 on a separate computer, the computer must run on Linux. Installation of DB2 that is used for License Metric Tool is not supported on Windows.
About this task
The following scenario shows how to install DB2 11.5 that is delivered with License Metric Tool. If it does not fit your environment, you need more information about each step or other installation options, see the documentation for DB2 11.1 or DB2 11.5.
Go to the directory where you downloaded the installation package, and extract the installation
tar xvf installation_package
Go to the extracted directory, and run the installation script.
- In the Welcome window, click New Install.
- Select DB2 Version 184.108.40.206 Server Editions, and click Next.
- Read and accept the license agreement. Then, click Next.
- Enter a password for the DB2 instance owner (db2inst1). Then, click
Next. Important: Ensure that the password for the DB2 instance owner meets the requirements that are specific for the operating system on which you are installing DB2. Otherwise, the installation fails.
- Enter a password for the DB2 fenced user (db2fenc1). Then, click Next.
- Verify that the Install DB2 Server Edition on this computer and save my settings in a response file option is selected.
- To start the DB2 installation, click Finish.
- When the installation finishes, review the Post-installation steps, and click Close. Then, click Finish.
Add a license file to extend your license.
- Go to the directory where you downloaded the license activator, and extract the package.
- From the directory with the extracted files, go to /db2/license.
- Copy the db2std_vpc.lic file to the home directory of the DB2 instance owner, by default /home/db2inst1.
Open the terminal and switch the user to the DB2 instance owner.
su - db2inst1
Add the license file to your installation.
db2licm -a db2std_vpc.lic