Changing frequency of uploading data from VM managers
Capacity data that is collected by the VM Manager Tool is uploaded to the BigFix® server every 12 hours. You can change this frequency by removing the default schedule and creating a new one.
The following procedure applies to the central and distributed VM Manager Tool. In case of the local VM Manager Tool, data from VM managers is uploaded directly to License Metric Tool during every import. In case of the disconnected VM Manager Tool, data from VM managers is manually transferred to the disconnected data source directory from which it is imported to License Metric Tool.
About this task
- Stop and remove the default schedule.
- Log in to the BigFix console, and click Actions.
- Right-click the action Schedule VM Manager Tool Scan Results Upload, and click Stop Action. The schedule is stopped.
- Right-click the action again, and select Delete Action. The schedule is removed.
- Create a new schedule.
- In the navigation tree, go to .
- Select Schedule VM Manager Tool Scan Results Upload.
- In the Description section, enter the new frequency in hours, and click
- Select the computer on which the VM Manager Tool
is installed, and click OK. The action is started under the new
schedule. Note: All options in the Execution tab are disabled. The frequency can be specified only in the Description field.
You set up the new schedule. The data collected by the VM Manager Tool is now uploaded to BigFix with the frequency that you specified.