Checking the client installation date
You can create a property on your BigFix® server that enables the date when your endpoints first connected to the server.
This procedure might be useful if you are using an automated tool to silently install many BigFix clients. To verify that the clients were installed and check their installation dates, you can add a column that shows the dates when your clients first connected to the server.
About this task
- Create a property on your BigFix server that
enables the new column:
- Log in to the BigFix console.
- Click Add New., and then click
- In the Name field, enter First Report Time.
- In the Relevance field, enter
the following relevance expression:
(month of it as two digits & "/" & day_of_month of it as two digits & "/" & year of it as string) of date (local time zone) of (minimum of subscribe times of sites)Note: The preceding expression changes the date format to
DD/MM/YYYY, which makes it suitable for sorting in a CSV format. If you want to keep the default format (Mon, 1 Jan 2014), use the following relevance expression:
minimum of subscribe times of sites.
- In the Evaluate field, choose 12 hours.
- Click OK. The new column can be viewed in the Computers page.
- Optional: Add the created column to Web Reports
where your data can be viewed as reports, or exported to a CSV or
- Log in to Web Reports. Tip: You can access Web Reports under the following web address: http://BigFix_server_hostname/webreports.
- Click Explore Data.
- In the Computer section, click Edit Columns, and then select the First Report Time column.
- Click Save Report.
- Optional: To export your report, click Export to CSV or Export to PDF.
- Log in to Web Reports.