Uploading disconnected scan results (disconnected scenario)
Available from 9.2.30.
If computers with disconnected scanners have connectivity to the License Metric Tool server (direct or through a proxy), you can set up regular upload of scan results by providing the LMT_SERVER_URL and LMT_SERVER_API_TOKEN parameters in the setup_config.ini file.
Before you begin
- For this feature to work, both the License Metric Tool server and the disconnected scanner must be in version 9.2.30 or higher.
- You must have the Manage Scan Uploads (previously: Manage Uploads) permission to perform this task. It is recommended to create a dedicated user in License Metric Tool that will be used specifically to upload results of disconnected scans.
- This method is supported if you have one disconnected data source. If you have more disconnected
data sources and you want to use this method, write and e-mail to
- The License Metric Tool server must use the HTTPS protocol.
- The computer from which you want to upload disconnected scan results must meet the following requirements.
- It must have cURL installed.
- It must have connectivity to the License Metric Tool server (direct or through a proxy) through the port that is used for REST API data traffic (9081 by default).
- On the computer from which you want to upload disconnected scan results, go to the <scanner_install_dir>/config directory, and open the setup_config.ini file.
- In the LMT_SERVER_URL parameter, provide the address of the License Metric Tool server to which packages with disconnected scan
results will be uploaded. Provide it in the following format:
<IP address or host name>:<port>. For example:
- In the LMT_SERVER_API_TOKEN parameter, provide the token of the user
that will be used to upload disconnected scan results to the License Metric Tool server. You can obtain the token in one of the
- By using REST API. For more information, see: REST API for retrieving authentication token.
- From the user interface. Log in to License Metric Tool, hover over the User icon , and click Profile. Then, click Show token.
- Optional: If you do not have cURL located in the PATH
environment variable, provide full path to cURL in the CURL_PATH parameter. For
- C:\Program Files\curl\curl.exe
- Optional: If a proxy server is set up between the computer from which you are
uploading the disconnected scan results and the License Metric Tool server, provide proxy parameters in
CURL_PARAMETERS="-k -s -x <user>:<pwd>@<protocol>://<host>:<port>"Important:Where:
- The set of required parameters depends on the settings of your proxy server.
- The value of the parameter must be provided with quotation marks on Linux and without quotation marks on Windows.
- Name of the user that is used to connect to the proxy server.
- Password of the user that is used to connect to the proxy server.
- Protocol that is used to connect to the proxy server, either
- IP or host name of the proxy server.
- Port of the proxy server.
- For the changes to take effect, run the automation/configure.sh or automation/configure.bat script.