Resetting administrator password
Available from 9.2.32.
If you forget the password of the License Metric Tool administrator, you can use the ResetPassword script to set a new password.
You need the following information to use the script:
Before you begin
- If you use DB2, you need the password of the DB2 user that is used for database authentication.
By default, the user is
- If you use MS SQL Server and SQL Server authentication is enabled, you need the password of the MS SQL Server user that is used for database authentication. The password is not required on Windows if the License Metric Tool database is set to use Windows authentication.
- Go to the installation directory of the License Metric Tool server. By default, the server is installed in the
- C:\Program Files\ibm\LMT\wlp\usr\servers\server1\bin\
To reset the password of the License Metric Tool
administrator, run the following script.
- Follow instructions in the console to provide a new password for the License Metric Tool user.