Configuring protection from the denial-of-service attacks
To protect your environment from the denial-of-service attacks, adjust the values of the readTimeout and writeTimeout attributes of the httpOptions parameter in the server.xml file.
- Adjust the values of the readTimeout and
- Open the server.xml file. By default, the file is in the
- C:\Program Files\ibm\LMT\wlp\usr\servers\server1\server.xml
- Change the value of the following attributes of the httpOptions
- readTimeout - the attribute specifies the amount of time to wait for a read request to complete on a socket after the first read occurs.
- writeTimeout - the attribute specifies the amount of time to wait on a socket for each portion of the response data to be transmitted.
<httpEndpoint host="*" httpsPort="<port>" id="tema"> <tcpOptions soReuseAddr="true" /> <httpOptions readTimeout="15s" writeTimeout="15s"/> </httpEndpoint>Important: If you set short timeouts and you have a slow internet connection, the License Metric Tool user interface might not load.
- Open the server.xml file. By default, the file is in the following location.
- For the changes to take effect, restart the License Metric Tool server.