Installing the server on Windows in silent mode (BigFix scenario)
To install the License Metric Tool server on Windows, download the application installer to a selected computer, edit parameters in the install_response.txt file, and run the installation command.
Before you begin
- Ensure that the BigFix® client is installed on the computer on which you want to install the License Metric Tool server.
- Log in as user with administrative privileges and run the installer with the Run as Administrator option.
- Disable or reduce the User Account Control in Windows to avoid warnings during the installation.
Download the License Metric Tool
- Log in to the BigFix console.
- In the navigation panel, click .
- In the upper right pane, select Download IBM License Metric Tool, and click Take Action.
Select the computer to which you want to download the installer, and click
Wait until the status of the action is Completed. The installer is downloaded to the BES Installers\ILMT_installer directory on the selected computer. By default, the directory is in the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Installers\ILMT_installer.Tip: If the computer is not available, ensure that it has the BigFix client installed and is subscribed to the License Metric Tool fixlet site.
- Log in to the computer where you downloaded the installer as a user with administrative privileges.
- Go to the directory where the installer was downloaded, and extract the installation files.
- Go to the licenses subfolder and read the license agreements in the following files: LA_<language>, LI_<language>, non_ibm_license, notices.
- Edit the install_response.txt response file and adjust it to your installation. Ensure that the RSP_LICENSE_ACCEPTED parameter is set to true. If you do not accept the license, the installation fails. For more information about installation parameters, see: Server installation response file.
Start the command line and change to the directory with installation files. To start the
installation, run the following command.
setup-server-windows-x86_64.bat -f response_file_path -i silentWhere response_file_path is the absolute path to the response file that you are using. For example:
setup-server-windows-x86_64.bat -f "C:\Program Files (x86)\ILMT_installer\install_response.txt" -i silentTip: Use the
-hoption to view help information about using the script, for example:
setup-server-windows-x86_64.bat -h.Tip: If you encounter a slow installation, check the following items:
- Check the performance and speed of the hard disk.
- Check whether the antivirus is scanning each file separately as it might slow down packaging. If this is the case, turn off the antivirus. If the antivirus cannot be turned off, expect the installation to be slower.
Access the License Metric Tool user interface to complete the initial configuration. To access the user interface, go to:
What to do next
https://host_name:port, where host_name and port are the values that you specified during the installation.