Identifying computers as running on a public cloud from the user interface
Available from 9.2.31.
Computers that run on public clouds must additionally be identified as such. It ensures that proper subcapacity counting rules are applied by License Metric Tool. You can identify a computer as running on a public cloud from the License Metric Tool user interface.
Before you begin
- You must have the Manage Hardware Inventory permission to perform this task.
- If you use disconnected scanners, they must be in version 9.2.28 or later for this method to work.
About this task
- Closed appliances that do not allow for using the disconnected scanner configuration file.
- When you did not identify an x86 computer as running on the public cloud from the very beginning as it applies the proper counting rules for the past. In case of other architectures, the computer is considered as running on a public cloud from the day when it was marked as such.
- Log in to License Metric Tool and go to .
- Select a computer or computers that you want to mark as running on a public cloud, and click Mark as Public Cloud.
- Select the type of the public cloud, and click Submit. Note: If you incorrectly identified a computer as running on a public cloud, choose None from the list of public clouds. If the option does not work, see: Type of the public cloud cannot be set to None from the License Metric Tool user interface.