Creating a new database
To create a new database without reinstalling License Metric Tool, you must modify the configuration file that stores information about the database. After you do so, you will be able to complete the initial configuration again, and create a new database.
- Stop the License Metric Tool server.
- Delete the current database. Note:
TEMADBis the default database name. If you are unsure whether it applies to your database, see: Checking the database name.DB2:
MS SQL Server:
- Log in as the DB2 instance owner, which by default is db2inst1.
- Run the following command to check the details of the existing
db2 list db directory
- Run the following commands to close the existing connections, deactivate the database, and
db2 deactivate db TEMADB db2 drop db TEMADB
- Log in to MS SQL Server Management Studio.
- In the navigation tree, expand Databases.
- Right-click on the TEMADB database, and then click Delete.
- Go to installation_dir/wlp/usr/servers/server1/config/, and rename the database.yml file to database.yml.bak. This step resets the initial configuration and allows you to create a new database. You will also have to create a new administrative user and specify connections to the BigFix® platform.
- Start the License Metric Tool server.
- Go to https://hostname:port/setup/database to perform the initial configuration and create a new database. For more information, see: Performing initial configuration on Windows or Performing initial configuration on Linux.