Initiating the capacity scan on all computers (BigFix scenario)
The capacity scan is the essential part of collecting capacity data and should run on all computers, including Oracle Logical Domains. The scan runs every 30 minutes, and collects data about the physical processor, system type (physical or virtual), guest operating system, and logical partitions.
Before you begin
- If you completed the All-in-One installation, the capacity scan was initiated by default and this configuration is optional.
- You must have tar and gzip installed on each target computer.
- For KVM x86 hosts that are not controlled by RHV-M and PowerKVM hosts, do not use the Run Capacity Scan and Upload Results task to collect the capacity data. Instead, use the Run Capacity Scan on Virtualization Hosts task. For more information, see: Collecting capacity data from virtualization hosts for Xen and KVM (BigFix scenario).
About this task
- Log in to the BigFix console.
- In the navigation tree, click Run Capacity Scan and Upload Results. , and select
- In the lower pane, click Take Action, and choose Click
here to schedule regular capacity scans and uploads of results. Important: Single capacity scan runs only once. Results of this scan are uploaded to the BigFix server regardless of whether they differ from the results of the previous scan. Use this option only when you need to force the upload of scan results, for example when the import of scan results failed. Otherwise, run the regular capacity scan.
Open the Target tab, and select computers that you want to scan.
Tip: To ensure that the action is applied on all computers that are added in the future, select Dynamically target by property.