Defining software entitlements
Available from 9.2.20.
You can facilitate classification of the discovered components by defining your software entitlements. Software entitlements are products that you own and thus are allowed to install and use. These can be products for which you purchased licenses or ones that you obtained free-of-charge. When components of a product for which you are entitled are discovered, they are automatically assigned to this product. To define your software entitlements, import part numbers or set the entitlements manually on the Products & Metrics report.
Before you begin
- View Software Catalog and Signatures
- Manage Entitlements and Part Numbers Uploads
- Optional: If you have a list of part numbers that you own, prepare the part numbers file and import it to License Metric Tool. After you upload the file, products with part numbers are marked as your software entitlements. For more information about the relation between changes that you make to part numbers and software entitlements, see: Part numbers.
- To manually declare that you are entitled for a particular product, perform the following
steps. Note: Software entitlements are set only within the computer group to which you are assigned. Thus, they are taken into account only for software that is discovered on computers that belong to this computer group.
- In the top navigation bar, click .
- Select a product for which you purchased a license. You can select multiple products.
- Hover over Entitle, and click Set Entitlement.