Assigning products to FlexPoint bundles (deprecated)
Available from 9.2.13.
When you purchase a product as part of a FlexPoint bundle, assign instances of this product to that bundle for improved tracking and to calculate utilization of FlexPoints.
You must have the Manage Software Classification permission to view the Software Classification panel and classify software. To view some additional columns related to computers on which the components are installed, you also need the View Endpoints permission.
Before you begin
Important: Starting from application update 9.2.30, this method of assigning products to FlexPoint bundles is deprecated. A simpler method is introduced instead. For more information, see: Assigning components to products and Cloud Paks.
About this task
To properly classify the installed software, start by assigning the discovered components to products in accordance with your license agreement. In this example, the discovered components are assigned as follows.
- Component 1 and Component 2 installed on Computer 1 are assigned to Product 1.
- Component 3 installed on Computer 2 is assigned to the first instance of Product 2.
- Component 3 installed on Computer 3 is assigned to the second instance of Product 2.
If a component is assigned to a product that is a part of a FlexPoint bundle, and you reassign such a component, the component instance is no longer assigned to any FlexPoint bundle. In this example, Component 3 that is installed on Computer 2 is reassigned from the first instance of Product 2 to Product 3. As a result, the reassigned component is no longer a part of any FlexPoint bundle. The same applies to a situation in which you suppress a component that is assigned to a product that is a part of a FlexPoint bundle.
- In the top navigation bar, click .
- Select the product instance that you want to assign to a FlexPoint bundle. Ensure that this instance is assigned the license metric that is defined in the license agreement.
- Hover over Assign, and click FlexPoint or Cloud Pak Bundle or Cloud Pak or FlexPoint Bundle (depending on your version of License Metric Tool).
Select the bundle to which you want to assign the product, and click
Only the product instance that is installed on the particular computer and its components are assigned to the FlexPoint bundle.Note: If you previously assigned a product to a FlexPoint bundle or a Cloud Pak, and you later on want to remove the product from that bundle, choose None.
Information about the FlexPoint bundle to which the product is assigned in displayed in the FlexPoint or Cloud Pak Bundle column.
To view utilization of FlexPoints, go to , and click Recalculate to refresh the data on the report.