Z APM Connect CICS TS Data Producer
Z APM Connect CICS® TS Data Producer (CICS TS Data Producer) is a collection of exit code that run in the CICS provided exits in the CICS TS address space. It must be installed into all CICS TS environments that require monitoring.
CICS TS Data Producer collects Db2®, IBM® MQ, VSAM, and IMS DB data on behalf of the CICS TS address space.
CICS TS Data Producer allows you to track performance of transactions as they flow through the CICS subsystems. If instrumented, the following transactions or transaction metrics are tracked.
- Transactions entering CICS Transaction Server for z/OS® through HTTP or SOAP distributed entry points, through z/OS Connect Enterprise Edition, and through CICS Transaction Gateway.
- Transactions flowing into Db2, IBM MQ, IMS DB, outbound webservices, and VSAM I/O timing from CICS Transaction Server for z/OS.
- Downstream transactions that are started over DTP and DPL can be tracked (Additional configuration is needed for DTP downstream transactions. For more information about the configuration, see Configuring Z APM Connect CICS TS Data Producer to create Distributed Transaction Processing (DTP) transaction filtering ).
- Transaction entering CICS Transaction Server for z/OS through IBM MQ for z/OS. For more information, see Tracking IBM MQ to CICS.
- Downstream transactions from one CICS region to another with IBM MQ as the intermediary. For more information about the configuration, see Tracking CICS to MQ to CICS transaction flows.