Configuring standard operating procedures
A standard operating procedure is a set of instructions that describes all the relevant steps and activities of a process or procedure. Standard operating procedures are essential to an organization to deliver consistent, measured, high-quality responses to complex and unpredictable events.
- A list is created of all the issues that might occur in a target environment and need a managed response. The list is created based on previous experience and applied knowledge.
- A subject matter expert writes a procedure to manage the issue,
- Who is involved?
- When are they involved?
- How are they involved?
- What supplies the updated data or receives an action?
- When the response procedure is defined, a standard operating procedure administrator configures a standard operating procedure definition.
- Standard operating procedures can be started manually or automatically during run time.
- Standard operating procedure activities can be tracked and integrated in the IBM® Intelligent Operations Center user interface.