Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Find answers to frequently asked questions that are related to Sterling Intelligent Promising general information.
- Is the
clientSecretdifferent for each tenant?
- How do I recover my client credentials?
- Open a account recover case with IBM Support. For information about opening a case, see Contacting IBM Support.
- Does Sterling Intelligent Promising have a user interface?
- Yes. For more information about the user interface, see Managing.
- When I generate a unique token, what is the base64EncodedString that I need to specify?
- Use a base64encoder that is available and specify the input as : and
encode it. A base64 format token is created, which can be used for generating the bearer token. A
Linux command example is as follows:
>echo -n 'ABCD:1234'|base64 Results: QUJDRDoxMjM0
- Can I delete the invalid entries for both supply and demand?
- No. Instead, you can start the Sync Supply or Sync Demand REST API by using the PUT request method, and set the value of quantity attribute to 0 (zero).
- Can I update the reservation by using REST API?
- You can increase the reservation quantity for an existing reservation. For all other actions, delete the existing reservations and recreate them.
- How do I resolve the 400 response code?
- The 400 response code indicates that the input is not correct. Verify that the mandatory parameters are provided in the input JSONs.
- What response codes can retry on failure?
- Any status code of 500 or greater can be retried.
- If you receive a status code that is less than 500, see the REST API documentation for the corresponding API to understand what went wrong in the request.
- Even though a request times out, verify that the request completed successfully.
- If it is an idempotent API call, for example, a PUT method, you can try again.
- What is the rate limit for APIs for each environments?
- A rate limit is the maximum number of API requests per hour. All lower environments, which
includes the developer toolkit, development, and QA environments have a rate cap of 10000 API calls
per hour. You also have access to a preproduction and production environment for which the maximum
limit is defined according to your Service Description contract.To view your Service Description contract, complete the following steps:
- Click Welcome to IBM terms page.
- In the Search field, enter the product name, IBM Sterling Order Management to view your Service Description document.
- In the document, see the Sterling Intelligent Promising API Call Usage section for more information about the API rate limit.
- You can upgrade the rate limit on the developer toolkit, development, and QA environments. Alternatively, you can purchase a separate preproduction environment. To explore these options, contact your Customer Service Manager.
- Does Sterling Intelligent Promising support items with variations?
- Yes. For more information, see Items with variations.
- Does Sterling Intelligent Promising support unlimited or unplanned inventory?
- No. As a workaround, you can provide inventory for that item at a node with a large quantity, such as 10000. You also need to sync this number periodically.
- Does Sterling Intelligent Promising support Vendor-Managed Inventory or Global Trade Identification Numbers?
- No. Inventory is only tracked at a specific SKU and only that SKU's availability can be inquired. Availability across SKUs is not supported. As a workaround, you can inquire for each SKU that share the GTIN and aggregate the number outside of Sterling Intelligent Promising.