Configuring a server socket to receive XML data ending in a null character
Configure a server TCP/IP socket to receive XML data ending in a null character, by the use of a message flow with TCPIPServerInput and MQOutput nodes.
About this task
Scenario: A client application sends XML data that is delimited by a null character (hex code ‘00').
Instructions: The following steps describe how to break up the record based on the null character, then parse the data.
- Create a message flow called TCPIP_Task11 with
a TCPIPServerInput node
and an MQOutput node.
For more information, see Creating a message flow.
- Connect the Out terminal of the TCPIPServerInput node to the
In terminal of the MQOutput node.
- Set the following properties of the TCPIPServerInput node:
- On the Basic tab, set the Connection details property to 14151.
- On the Input Message Parsing tab, set the Message domain property to XMLNSC.
- On the Records and elements tab,
set the following properties:
- Set the Record detection property to Delimited.
- Set the Delimiter property to Custom delimiter.
- Set the Custom delimiter property to 00.
- On the MQOutput node, set the Queue name property (on the Basic tab) to TCPIP.TASK11.IN1.
- Save the message flow.