Starting user trace
Use user trace for debugging your applications; you can trace integration nodes, integration servers, and deployed message flows. Start user trace facilities using the mqsichangetrace command.
Before you begin
Before you start to trace an integration node, or one of its integration servers or message flows, the integration node must be running, and you must have deployed the message flows. Follow the instructions in the Deploying integration solutions topic.
About this task
Start IBM® Integration Bus user trace facilities by using the
You can select only one integration node on each invocation of the command, but you can activate concurrent traces for more than one integration node, by invoking the command more than once.
- Specify an individual integration server or message flow within the specified integration node
to limit the scope of a trace. The events that are recorded when you select the message flow option include:
- Sending a message from one Message Processing node to the next
- Evaluating expressions in a Compute or Filter node
- Start your trace. You can start trace at two levels:
- This tracks events that affect objects that you create and delete, such as nodes.
- This tracks the beginning and end of a process, as well as monitoring objects that are affected by that process.
Example: starting user trace for the default integration server
About this task
IBNODE, on distributed systems, enter the command
mqsichangetrace IBNODE -u -e default -l normal
-e specifies the integration server (in this case, the default integration server)
-l specifies the level of trace (in this case, normal)
F MQP1BRK,ct u=yes, e='default', l=normal