Integrating the Rational Team Concert client with the IBM Integration Toolkit
You can integrate the Rational Team Concert client with the IBM® Integration Toolkit.
About this task
To integrate the Rational Team Concert client with the IBM Integration Toolkit, complete the following steps.
The supported versions of Rational Team Concert are V4.0.3 or later, and V5.0 or later, with Eclipse 4.2.2 support.
- Download the Rational Team Concert client.
- Navigate to the Rational Team Concert download site: https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/.
- Select the client that you want and click More
download options. For example, select Rational Team Concert 5.0.2 if you want the Rational Team Concert V5.0.2 client.
- Select p2 Install Repository in the Plain .zip Files section to select the p2 install repository.
- Sign in to Jazz® and
locate the p2 install directory. For example, the p2 install repository for the Rational Team Concert V5.0.2 client is RTC-Client-p2Repo-5.0.2.zip.
- Unzip the p2 install repository into a local directory.
- Start the IBM Integration Toolkit and select .
- In the Available Software window, click Add.
- In the Add Repository window, click Archive, navigate to the local directory in which you unzipped the p2 install repository in step 1.e, and click OK.
- Ensure that Group items by category is selected, and then select Rational Team Concert Client (extend an Eclipse installation).
- Click Next, then Next again in the Install Details window.
- Accept the terms of the license agreement and click Finish.
A security warning window opens during the installation because the Rational Team Concert client bundles and features are not signed.
- Click OK to complete the installation.
- Click Restart Now when prompted to restart the IBM Integration Toolkit.
What to do next
- Start the IBM Integration Toolkit.
- Open the Work Items perspective and click .
- Click the Create Repository Connection link in the Team Artifacts view.
- Follow the dialog and enter the information given to you by your Jazz administrator.
- To add your project to the repository, right-click the project and select .
- In the Share Project window, select Jazz Source Control as the repository type.
See Getting started in your Rational® Team Concert® source control workspace for more details about the Rational Team Concert source control operations.
You can also use the Jazz Team Build as your build engine for the IBM Integration Toolkit; see Building with Jazz Team Build for more information.