Technical solution: Converting legacy subflows
To reuse common application logic in multiple integration solutions, you can reuse your legacy subflows. However, you should convert them to subflows created as a .subflow file before you reuse them in new integration solutions.
Legacy subflows are subflows that you created in earlier versions of IBM® Integration Bus as .msgflow files. These subflows are deployed at run time inlined into the message flow that includes them. Legacy subflows allow you to reuse the common flow logic during design and development.
- Learn how IBM Integration Bus handles legacy subflows at deployment and run time. For more information, see Deploying a subflow created as a .msgflow file.
- Learn how IBM Integration Bus handles subflows created as .subflow files at deployment and run time. For more information, see Deploying a subflow created as a .subflow file.
- Identify other resources included in your subflow that require conversion, for example, WebSphere® Message Broker Version 7.0 Mapping nodes.
- Convert your legacy subflows created as .msgflow files to .subflow files.
- Update existing solutions to use the converted subflow instead of the legacy subflow.