Creating an integration service based on a WSDL file
To create an integration service that is based on a WSDL file, define a service interface and implement its operations.
Before you begin
- Read the concept information about Integration services.
- If multiple integration services might use the same WSDL file, store the WSDL file in a shared library. You can then select this shared library when you complete the New Integration Service wizard.
If you have an existing interface that is designed in a Business Process Manager .twx file, or you want to define your own interface, complete the steps in one of the following topics:
To create an integration service that is based on an existing WSDL file, complete the following steps:
About this task
- Open the New Integration Service wizard by using
one of the following methods:
- Click .
- In the Application Development view, click .
- Right-click the white space of the Application Development view, then click .
- Enter a name for the integration service, and optionally a description.
- To specify how you want to define the interface for your integration service, select Implement an interface already specified in an existing WSDL file.
Specify how you want to use the WSDL file to implement the interface.
- If the WSDL file will be used by this integration service only, import the file into the integration service project.
- If you have a WSDL file that might be used by multiple integration services, use a WSDL file from a shared library.
- Click Next.
Select the location of the WSDL file.
- If you are importing a WSDL file, select the file from your workspace, or from an external location.
- If you are using a WSDL file in a shared library, select the WSDL file from the relevant library in your workspace.
- Click Next.
Select the WSDL bindings to import, and click Next.
You can import only a SOAP over HTTP binding.
If your integration service requires resources that are stored in libraries, select the appropriate libraries, then click Finish.
If, in Step 6, you decided to use a WSDL in a shared library, the reference to that library is created at that point. You do not need to refer to that library in this step.
An integration service is created with the operations that are defined in the imported WSDL file. The integration service is shown in the Service editor. You can also expand the integration service in the Application Development view to view operations and associated resources.
What to do next
- Implement the operations that are defined in your service interface. For more information, see Implementing an integration service operation.
- Deploy and test an integration service. If you have stored your WSDL file in a shared library, or referenced other resources in shared libraries, you must deploy the shared libraries with or before the integration service. If you update the resources in a shared library and redeploy it, those changes are available to all integration services that reference the shared library. For more information, see Deployment rules and guidelines.