Renaming a promoted property
If you have promoted a property from the node to the message flow level, it is initially assigned the same name that it has at the node level. You can rename the property to have a more meaningful name in the context of the message flow.
Before you begin
About this task
To rename a promoted property :
- Switch to the Integration Development perspective.
- Open the message flow for which you want to promote properties
by double-clicking the message flow in the Application Development view.
You can also open the message flow by right-clicking it in the Application Development view and clicking OpenThe message flow contents are displayed in the editor view.
- In the editor view, right-click the symbol of the message flow node for which you want to promote properties.
- Select Promote Property.
The Promote Property dialog box is displayed.
- Promoted properties are shown in the Promoted properties
pane on the right of the Promote Property dialog
box. Double-click the promoted property in the list of properties
that are currently promoted to the message flow level, or select the
property that you want to rename and click Rename.
The name is highlighted, and you can edit it. Modify the existing text or enter new text to give the property a new name, and press Enter.
- Click Apply to commit this change without closing the Promote Property dialog box. Click OK to complete your updates and close the dialog box.