Creating policies by using the command line
Create an XML file outside of IBM® Integration Bus to use as an MQEndpoint, MQTTSubscribe, MQTTPublish, or workload management policy document.
About this task
You can create all the policy types that are described in Operational policy.
Policy documents can be created through the following IBM Integration Bus interfaces:
- Configuring MQEndpoint, MQTTSubscribe, or MQTTPublish policies with the IBM Integration Toolkit
- Configuring workload management policies by using the web user interface. You can also configure other policy types through the web user interface.
- Configuring workload management policies by using the IBM Integration API
- Configuring workload management policies by using a command line
- The Representational State Transfer (REST) application programming interface (API). For more information, see Representational State Transfer (REST) API.
However, if you have no preexisting policy document, you can also manually create an XML file outside of IBM Integration Bus. You might want to create your policy document in this way if you are not using message flow nodes to generate your policies; for example, if you require an MQTT policy to connect to an external MQTT server for publish/subscribe.
A sample workload management policy XML file is provided at the following location:
To create a policy, complete the following steps.
- In a text editor, create your policy document, and save as an XML file.
- Open the command line, and run the mqsicreatepolicy command.
For example, to create an MQEndpoint node policy:
mqsicreatepolicy IBNODE -t MQEndpoint -l mq_policy -f my_policy.xmlYour policy is now available in the Integration Registry.