Defining the target properties
Identify the target properties in the workspace project so that you can define the pattern interface and pattern users can modify the pattern parameters.
Create the pattern authoring project and select the source files. For information about creating a pattern authoring project, see Creating a pattern authoring project. For information about selecting the source files, see Selecting the source files to use for a user-defined pattern.
Before you begin
To identify the target properties that you want to use in the workspace project:
- In the Application Development view, double-click the message flow that you want to use.
- Open the Select Target Properties window
by completing one of the following steps:
- To select a node property as a target property, in the Message Flow editor, right-click the node that you want to use and click .
- To select a user-defined property as a target property, in the Message Flow editor, right-click the canvas and click .
- In the Select Target Properties window, select the target properties that you want to use in the pattern.
- Close the Select Target Properties window.
- Save the message flow.
The selected target properties are displayed in the Target Properties panel of the Source Files tab in the Pattern Authoring editor.
Define the user interface; see Defining the user interface.