Message Sets: Adding a wildcard element
Add a wildcard element to a message, type, group, or complex element in a message model.
Before you begin
You must have completed the following tasks:
- Message Sets: Creating a message set
- Message Sets: Creating a message definition file
- Message Sets: Opening an existing message definition file
You can add a wildcard element to a message, type, group or complex element. This task assumes that you have previously added the relevant message, type, group or complex element to your message model.
About this task
To add a wildcard element to a message, type, group or complex element:
- Switch to the Integration Development perspective.
- Ensure that the Outline view is visible in the Integration Development perspective of the IBM® Integration Toolkit. If the Outline view is not visible, from the IBM Integration Toolkit menu, click Window > Show View> Outline.
- In the Outline view, right-click the message model object
(message, complex type, group or complex element) to which you are
adding the wildcard element then click Add Wildcard Element on
the pop-up menu. A wildcard element is added and appears in the Outline view.
You can now configure the wildcard element to your exact requirements. For further information on configuring message model objects see Message Sets: Configuring MRM message model objects.