Editing annotations on a message flow or node
After you have added an annotation to a message flow or node, in the form of a sticky note, you can edit the contents of that note.
Before you begin
The following instructions assume that you have added an annotation to a message flow or node, as described in Adding annotations to a message flow or node.
About this task
- Editing the content of a note
- In the Message Flow editor, open the message flow that contains the note that you want to edit.
- To put the note into editing mode, click the text of
the note. The note changes color, acquires a blue border, and a cursor appears.
- Edit the content of the note. You can use standard cut, copy, and paste operations.
- To exit editing mode, click the canvas outside the note.
The note resizes according to the amount of text that you enter.
- To save the contents of the note, save the message flow.
- Moving a sticky note
- To move a sticky note, click inside the note (not on the text) so that black dots appear at each corner. You can now drag the note to a new position on the canvas. If the note is associated with one or more nodes, the association line also moves.
- You can also move a sticky note by using cut and paste operations. Right-click the note, click Cut, right-click the canvas where you want the note to appear, and click Paste.
- Changing the association of a sticky note
- To associate a sticky note with a different node, move the mouse pointer over the old node, click the end of the association line, hold down the mouse button, then drag the association line to the new node. When you release the mouse button, the sticky note is associated with the new node, as indicated by a dotted line.
- To associate a node with a different sticky note, move the mouse pointer over the old sticky note, click the end of the association line, hold down the mouse button, then drag the association line to the new sticky note. When you release the mouse button, the node is associated with the new sticky note, as indicated by a dotted line.