Creating a message map
You can create message maps either in the Application Development view of the IBM® Integration Toolkit, or from a Mapping node in a message flow.
Before you begin
- Create an application, a library, an
integration service, or an Integration
project, as described in the
- Creating an application
- Creating a library
- Creating an integration service based on a WSDL file or Creating an integration service from scratch
- Creating an integration project
- Creating a REST API. For information about the steps involved in completing this task, see Implementing a REST API operation by using a message map .
- Create a message flow. For more information, see Creating a message flow.
- Define the message flow content that includes a Mapping node. For more information, see Defining message flow content.
About this task
A message map is a graphical data map.
The physical representation of a message map is a .map file.
You can use any of the following methods to start the New Message Map wizard and then create a message map:
- Create a message map in the Application Development view. For more information, see Creating a message map in the Application Development view.
- Create a message map from a Mapping node in a message flow. For more information, see Creating a message map from a Mapping node.
A message map is created as a .map file.
In the Application Development view, the message map is displayed under a Maps category. Maps are organized by namespace.
What to do next
Edit the message map, and define transformations between the input message assembly and the output message assembly. For more information, see Mapping input to output elements manually.