Message Sets: Removing a physical format
You can remove a physical format layer from your message set.
Before you begin
You must have completed the following tasks:
The tasks in this topic area assume that you have added one or more physical formats to a message set. For further information see Message Sets: Adding a Custom Wire Format (CWF) or Message Sets: Adding an XML wire format or Message Sets: Adding a TDS physical format.
About this task
To remove a physical format layer from your message set:
- Close any message definition files that are currently open in the Message Definition editor, otherwise you will not be able to remove the physical format.
- Switch to the Integration Development perspective.
- In the Message Set editor, the Properties Hierarchy shows the name of each of the physical formats that have been added to the message set. If the physical format names are not in view, expand XML Wire Formats, Custom Wire Formats, or Tagged/Delimited Wire Formats, by clicking +.
- Right-click the physical format that you want to remove,
then click Delete on the pop-up menu. Tip: If you decide to proceed with deleting the physical format, all of the message definition files under the current message set are modified and the amended message set file is saved.
- Click Finish to remove the physical format, or click Cancel to return to the Integration Development perspective without making any changes. Pressing Esc also returns you to the Integration Development perspective without making any changes.